Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hand Wash Truck Wash and Hydrofluoric Acid Issues Considered

If you are an independent truck driver and take very good care of your truck then you know how important is to get a good hand wash and to go to a truck wash which does not use hydrochloric acid. Indeed, I can understand how you feel if you have had your aluminum dulled or turned white due to the use of this chemical or other harsh chemicals.

Well regarding being up set, no one was more upset when one particular truck wash chain etched all my aluminum and turned it white with Hydrofluoric. My gosh, it took me months to get it back half way decent and I cancelled my entry at both Walcott and Kentucky Truck Shows, too bad that would have been good PR for our team (I run CarWashGuys.com) to come away with a prize.

You see, I had Magnesium Chloride all over my truck due to Michigan's use there on the road for Ice, jerks. Can you believe they put it on the road in little clumps and let the trucks spread it around, then the DOT all year gives tickets out for corrosion violations?

Go figure, what a complete sham and perpetual money generator for that state against trucks. But I had to get it off and so I went to this certain truck wash chain rather than waiting to get to Southern, IL where I could have gotten a real truck wash? I guess I learned the hard way why the truck drivers have a slanderous name for this particular truck wash chain; Ouch?


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]