Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Truck Wash Location Analysis for North West Texas

When putting in a truck wash you need to consider many things such as truck traffic counts, competition, labor availability, water supply and costs to put up a building, buy equipment and reclaim systems to treat the water. In Northwest TX there is significant truck traffic traveling all the back roads on major highways and on the main interstates.

Recently, I was asked by a gentleman; “I live in a small west Texas town of Tulia, TX. We are located on I27 half way between Amarillo and Lubbock” and he wished to know if this made sense for a truck wash. He noted that a local truck stop pumped some 30,000 gallons per day. Not a lot compared to interstate main routes in TX like I-20, I-10 or I-40 but still a decent amount of fuel. Below are some additional thoughts on this subject;

After reviewing the information you have discussed and in that particular market I would recommend a low-cost building with specific hours of operation; minimal cost building, skid pressure washer units (2) and simplified reclaim filtration. And I have concerns with labor supply there. Also if I were you I would consider a Mobile Wash Unit to clean truck fleets in both Lubbock and Amarillo, as well on off hours, due to the out of the way location.

Keep your truck wash unit to a minimum in cost and I also need a clarification on water supply there and drought issues too. Can you tell me if there is labor available other than illegal aliens and what the drought situation is too? You see there are many factors to consider when operating a truck wash and they must all be taken into consideration you see? Think on this in 2006.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]